VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS, DEUS ADERIT

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lenten Challenge?

Dear Gary and Purl--
Guess what came across my desk today?


It's a yoga/meditation book.  Change your life in 40 days.  My doctor tells me I need to get serious about managing my stress.  I always enjoyed yoga but can't seem to find the time to go to class . I'm thinking of checking out this book and trying it out. Week one involves a 20 minute yoga practice.  By Week Six, you should have worked up to a 75 minute yoga practice.  Remember how many days there are in Lent? That's right. 40 days.  I might make this part of my personal Lenten challenge.

-Malady

1 comment:

Gary said...

That sounds perfect for you! You already like yoga and it's "just what the doctor ordered."

The great thing that I've noticed in my limited experience with yoga and meditation is that you can incorporate their respective techniques into your everyday life. You can practice breathing at your desk, concentrate on a thought or object at a red light, etc.

So, I'm inferring here that you might want us to find our own Lenten challenge(?) Looks like I'd better get to work!